Saturday, December 25, 2010

So good to be HOME for Christmas!




So, last year I was in Utah working for Christmas. And while it was a great experience and made me so much more grateful for my family holiday traditions...it is SO much nicer to be at home!!

This year we didn't have anyone but mom and dad and I at home for Christmas. BUT we did get a surprise visit from The soon to be Kansas-Washburns. IT was SO great to spend time with the kids. We went to Zackie's, my favorite hot dog place in nashville and visited coach at the titans facilities. It was so fun to have all 3 all to myself! Then we enjoyed a great lunch with mom and brady and ashley at J. Alexanders! It was a great gift just to get to see them!

Dad has a game the day after Christmas in Kansas City, so he left on Christmas morning. So we decided to open our gifts on Christmas eve. We also had a big dinner because we were all separated for Thanksgiving; I was in the field, mom was in Detroit, Dad was home. Dad and I also started a new tradition of going out to Fattybread on the day of Christmas Eve and hiking and sitting by the fire! We also got to skype with the for now Missouri Washburns!!

Mom made an amazing dinner and we all enjoyed the rare time to sit around the table together and eat and talk. We all gathered around the fire and opened gifts. I got an especially special gift from family friend Des Maxwell. She, and everyone else knows of my love for Dolly Parton and she was able to get me a personalized autographed picture of her!!! I am more excited that Dolly knows that I exist!!! I cried, mom cried!! It was amazing. We most of all enjoyed the time of giving to each other!

This morning we woke up to snow on the ground! It is so rare for us southerners to enjoy a white Christmas! With dad gone to the game, Mom and I skyped with the Michigan Washburns and then went to see a movie and when we drove home it was Snowing again!! How wonderful!

I am so thankful that I can be home for this Christmas and not miss all these special moments with my family!!


Dad and I enjoying our stockings

Dad's bracelet for mom was a big hit!

Tears of joy for my favorite gift!

Enjoying Fattybread on Christmas Eve


Yay for snow!



The house sure looks great in snow!


1 comment:

Ashley said...

So glad y'all had a great Christmas! We loved our surprise visit too and the kids were thrilled for the alone time with you also. The kids and I will be back on Saturday (another last minute surprise visit) so we will see you again when you get out of the field! Have a good week out there!