Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Apprehensive

So, this week feels like it is going to be an emotional struggle for me. I go into the field knowing that I will see Erik for about 30 more hours when I get out and then he leaves. I talked to some friends about it last night and they had a hard time understanding, Erik puts up this front of he's the cool kid that has tons of energy and is always doing stupid stuff, and not many people get to see what is under that so when i say I'm going to miss him they just don't get what i'm going to miss. That was frustrating for me last night looking to cry on some shoulders and not really getting it. So, i came home upset and basically sobbed with Erik for a good while and really got it out there that i am scared of being alone. I have now 2 roomates on the opposite shift so I will never see them and jackson my full time roomate has a job and doesn't get home till 6, so I will basically be alone all day. one of my biggest fears is being alone in life. I know this is an irrational fear, but it is a fear for me none the less. So, if you guys could say some prayers for me that I am able to handle this change well, I would greatly appreciate it.

On another note, tomorrow marks a year that I have been with Second nature! I will write more about that when i get home next week. I can't believe I have lived out here that long and been in this amazing job that long! I wish I was in a happier head state for this week, but hopefully I can turn it around. 


3 comments:

Ashley said...

We will be sending lots of prayers up for you this week. I know it will get better! We will talk to you when you get out of the field next week! Have fun! We love you!
xoxo

Susan Washburn said...

Things will get better! We'll definitely be praying for you this week. This gives you even more excuses to explore the west during your days off! I hope your week out goes well. Just remember that life is full of changes-the way you approach and deal with them will show your character and will mold you into the person God wants you to be. We love you!

Jessica said...

I know one thing God has blessed me with...amazing sisters!! Thank you all for you the reminders and kind words!