Sunday, August 23, 2009

Back home...for now

I'm never in this town for very long...and I will be leaving for most of the month in Sept...more on that later...

So, we are home, back in St. George after our magical weekend in JH. Last night we got back after our hike and got pizza from a local place, and it was amazing. One of the major perks of this trip was all the great local food we got to enjoy! Not much of that in St. G. This morning we slept late and pushed our departure time back as much as we could. We went to a few shops and got some gifts, Ash my loyal reader, I got your bday gift today :) Then went to "Jedidiah" for a late breakfast, I had buttermilk pancakes, not as good as Pancake Pantry, but they were fabulous. The weather was amazing this morning, windy and chilly, I wore jeans and a hoodie! As we were walking back to our hotel it started raining, and we took that as our sign that it was time to go home. The drive back was a bit harder this time with no break in the middle like on the way there. We both were able to split the driving time and had more great time to talk about the changes coming up for the both of us. As glad as we are to be out of the car and at home, I know there is a part of Erik like there is a part of me that wishes we could still be there...not worried about what is coming next. So, just a note, get ready for a few posts filled with Erik sadness, let's not pretend to be unaware of my emotional side blog stalkers! So, here are a few of my favorite pics...

This is atop the lookout station, where they look for fires




A cool tree along the trail

This is Erik, he loves energy drinks







3 comments:

Susan Washburn said...

So glad you and Erik had such a fun trip. Your pictures (including the ones on facebook) are amazing! You really could have a second business if you ever wanted to make more money! Thanks for sharing with us!

Ashley said...

The clouds are so pretty in those first 2 pictures. And thanks a lot for putting Pancake Pantry on my mind! Now I am dreaming of yummy buttermilk pancakes. We must go there when you come home in a few weeks!
Oh and thanks for the "shout out"...loyal reader I am! : )

Jessica said...

oohh, 2 comments! Sus, I have always wanted to sell my photos, i'm just chicken! Ash, pancake pantry it is!